tonight is going to be my last time to speak in front of the students of the BCM.
I have enjoyed this year so much. God has been gracious in showing fruit from some of the stuff He's allowed me to do.
As I prepare for this evening's talk, I feel conviction and praise as I look back on my time and see places where I have or have not been in obedience as a steward of the things of God.
AW Tozer says that we have everything yet possess nothing. so true!
Stewards are those who are appointed to take care of something that doesn't belong to them. And if you think about it long enough you will realize that it means we are stewards of everything. All things were created by Him and through Him and for Him. crazy.
Yet it pleased Him to put some broken humans in charge of all these things for a time.
right now i see that i am a steward of:
finances
time
relationships
younger believers
the BCM building and all that it includes
the Northstar Church resources
the IMB resources at my finger tips
intercessory prayer
students in the application process with IMB
BCM students in general
my apartment and all that is in it
the accountability of fellow believers
the food i have access to
my body as the Temple
all of my belongings
opportunity to relate to others
opportunity to serve others
the Holy Spirit given to me (and the discernment He gives)
my family
my story/testimony
times to speak in front of people
giftings
truth
THE GOSPEL
with all of these i have a mix of conviction and contentment.
I am so glad that even when I am faithless He is faithful.
But I still long to be found faithful at the end of all of this.
to hear "Well done, good and faithful servant"
I have everything, yet possess nothing.
05 April 2011
steward little
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 thoughts:
That's really sweet Em. Thanks for the reminders of our role in this world, the Great Purpose behind the mundane and the thrills alike.
Post a Comment