01 December 2010

flurries flutter by

today it was a sputtering of snow flurries for most of the day. December 1st. how appropriate.
as i was briskly walking to lunch i was overwhelmed with the sense of nostalgia. it felt just like macedonia. maybe it was because i am wearing the same coat and scarf i wore there and the stinging wind felt like it did the last time i wore these items.
or maybe it was the simple fact that i was walking and not driving.
it was a pleasant jaunt down memory lane.

i haven't been speaking much makedonski lately - and am really missing it.

however i did go to coldstone creamery today and indulged. i mean INDULGED in cinnamon bun batter ice cream. it was disgustingly delicious. you know what i mean. it was just guilt feeling. so good. and will probably not do it again. remember that commercial for nutrigrain bars or something that had the lady trying to fit thru the turn-style in the subway. but her butt was two giant cinnamon rolls... ? that's what i feel like now.

aw well.

so that's it for now's random thoughts.
it'll get better.
bear with me.

2 thoughts:

Elle said...

HAHA. Hilarious. I vaguely remember that commercial. And your ice cream sounds divine. I had eggnogg coffee this morning. Who knew?
So good.
Love me some nog.
Miss you.

Elle said...

Hey sis! Why you no post mo? (that's dirty pidgen) I miss you. I think you are TX bound this weekend, and for that I am jealous. Please post copious amounts of pictures and antidotes so I can live vicariously. I really really really miss you and the whole fam. Livin on a tropical island is over-rated if the family isn't near. I LOVE you. Please come visit if you can find the time... You're great. I love you.