16 August 2010

life in the burgs. phase 1

well. i don't know if anyone still reads this (feel free to comment and let me know otherwise). especially since it has been forever since i've updated. but i'll try and do better...

so since may:
finished living in macedonia. learned some new songs on the guitar. traveled to lubbock. spoke at 4 different groups. traveled to austin. traveled to dallas. traveled to nashville. traveled to BLACKSBURG.

so Blacksburg is located in western Virginia. not West Virginia....
it is surrounded by burgs. Christiansburg. Harrisoonburg (my favorite). Lynchburg. Rustburg. thus - the new blog title.

i drove in by way of friends' homes and got here yesterday. the apartment is fun. quirky and old. i love it. and it is about 1.5 minutes walk from work.... it shares a parking lot.
the first stop was target, of course. and i am glad i beat the rush of college kids that will be flooding in from all sides this week. there was still a little bit of a selection.
but i am sure the aisles of target will look like the fields of the old testament when the locusts came through. laid to waste. completely plundered.

BED BATH AND FAR BEYOND
so i have been praying for God to send me someone to speak macedonian with here. today at bed bath and beyond i ran into two different little groups of people who spoke a language similar enough for us to converse. i was BEAMING after wards. don't you just love it when He shows off?

my first staff meeting was this afternoon. i was in stitches nearly the whole time. i am surrounded by funny people and i love it.

for now i leave you with pictures of the new place. and desperate pleas to not give up on me and blogging. more to come.




9 thoughts:

The Reeds said...

Hi. I'm here. I don't know you so don't want to weird you out! I got your card at Redeemer LBB.

Jeff Noble said...

"my first staff meeting was this afternoon. i was in stitches nearly the whole time. i am surrounded by funny people and i love it."

That's weird... I thought you were working with Darrell?

Hmmm. Funny?

;)

Looking forward to connecting!

Jaclyn.... said...

Hey friend. Why are you in whateverburg Virginia? Still reading the blog!

Brittany said...

Your apartment is adorable! I will be lifting you and your team up and you start an exciting year!

Blessings!
Brittany

Jill said...

Hey Emily! Such a cute new apartment! I'm excited for this new phase of life for ya. And that is so cool that you got to speak Macedonian!! I'm happy for you.
Eric got a new job in Dallas, Georgia! Did you know that Georgia has a Dallas too?!

Love,
Jill

bo said...

I'm still reading - and jealous of your by all appearances comfy couch. Love the updates!

ellie mae Harrison said...

YAY for updates (said the pot)! Love the new hizzy. I can see the hyde parkishness. So happy you got to speak makedonski. And really happy you get to laugh at work. bonus after bonus... keep postin! miss you. love you.

sowlee said...

I'm glad you're back. I'm glad you live in a burg, I love living in a burg, personally. Things about your new home I like the most (based on pics):
1. wood floors rock
2. your room color- is it close to the old kitchen at 3403?
3. The 'house' feel as opposed to the 'squatter' feel.

Jackie said...

so glad you are blogging again.
so glad you are in VIRGINIA