so i made a meeting with a girl to talk about her helping us as a translator in july.
keep in mind, the meeting was set through texting and that day there was a fury of texting going on between me, my boss, my former language tutor, other possible translators....
so anyway, i show up to the place we said we'd meet at the time we said we'd meet. i waited for about 15 minutes (the minimum balkan grace period). so i sent a text just saying 'i'm here'.
about a minute later a girl was walking towards me and pulled out her phone. she looked at it for a while as if she was reading a text and then she put it up to her ear. at that second my phone rang. it was the girl i was supposed to meet.
so i just stood up and said, "Elena?" the walking girl stopped and looked confused. "are you Elena? I'm Emily"
she started smiling and said, "no i'm sorry you are having a mistake"
we laughed and i apologized.
so then i called the REAL girl back and she said it would be about 10 more minutes.
when she arrived she graciously mentioned that we were supposed to meet the next day.
i looked through my old texts and yep. wednesday. not tuesday.
what are the odds?
****
we were at the zoo and the kid of some teammates said, 'is that a moose-deer?' and someone answered, 'what? there's no moose-deer.' and so he said, 'oh maybe i made a moosetake'
hah.
genius.
17 June 2009
you are having a mistake.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 thoughts:
Why was ten afraid of eleven?
Because seven eight nine.
ha ha.
Hey there! (Ahoj/ciao etc.!)
We picked up your card in the back at r'dmer today. I had seen it before but for some reason had "missed" it.
We shared about our UPG in NE Uganda. As I was flipping through here I saw your pics from S. Sudan- very similar!
I also lived in Prague for 5 years b4 africa b4 returning to the plains here.
Many of your words are so similar! It's fun to see! (srdce= heart etc.)
We'll be following along now!
Peace out,
Georgia
ps. I notice Mac-n- cheese is not on your non-solicitory information... oh... and instant pudding... those were things I could care for less at home but CRAVED while away!
blog please...... even if it is bragging about greece.
Post a Comment