08 March 2010

pi kafe

so more than a few times i have found it funny that the verb to drink in the imperative form is said /pee/.
you see every time you enter a home they make coffee for you. no matter what ways and methods you may try to refuse. it happens. ("Pi, pi." they say. "ajde, pi." until you cave.)
i don't mind the actually drinking the coffee part, it's the knowing that coffee can be a diuretic and the availability of bathrooms when one is out walking in the hood i work in or the city in general is fairly slim.
You see I live a pretty good distance from the center of town or the hood, so when I go out in the day to be in those places - i usually don't make trips home until all the doing is done.
Like today for instance.
It was snowing a little when I started out to the hood, but it didn't seem to be that bad. I went to 6 homes (3 of which i just stopped by). I had 3 cups of turkish coffee, one cup of hot tea and two glasses of soda within 5 of the 6 hours I visited. when I left the last house I was hoping that my bladder would not explode. i couldn't really concentrate on what the guy in the street was saying to me, when we stopped to chat. Then I called a cab and waited for about 5 more minutes in the now "dumping" of snow before the 10 minute ride home (on which I decided that the landscape either looked like a bubble bath gone haywire or stay-puffed marshmallow land.)
I laughed at my genuine prayer of thanks, that I made it home. Then I laughed at this not being the first time by a loooong shot.
And it's kind of funny now, that I'm pretty sure this isn't the first blog about it either. haha. My life and the account of it is so captivating, I know.


In other news, I am working on re-recording and finishing the song. (as well as redoing most of the other ones....) so that might get posted soon-ish.

The discipleship relationship I've been in is starting to shift to her taking the lead in some things. PRAISE the LORD!

We have two teams coming in a few weeks.

After this snow finishes I don't think we'll see it again til next winter.

No travel plans other than a trip in May with the fam when they come to visit.

I had an OVERWHELMING craving for those orage cinnamon rolls from the can this morning.

Today is March 8 - "womens' day" here. sort of like mother's day but for all ladies.
I made cookies and delivered them. It was fun.

"sasipe taro devel" is romani for in health from God... which basically means or is used as "if the Lord wills"
it's my new phrase this week.

Question:
Baby Betty is turning 3 this week. I am supposed to bring cookies or little treats of some sort. What should I make?

3 thoughts:

sowlee said...

what about cupcakes? them kids love their cupcakes. too bad there isn't any chuck e. cheeses nearby.

Jill said...

Those bags of cookies look so pretty! I know all the ladies were blessed to receive them. And the note you wrote was very sweet.

Elle said...

so clearly I missed betty's bday by this point, but I was gonna suggest cake balls. they're the new rave here in the states. Edging out the cupcake saturation...