so i added some albums to the roma photo site.
July has been ca-razy.
God was definitely moving and showing Himself and opening doors.
Week 1-2:
EJ was here. she taught knitting classes and visited homes with me. She ministered in a lot of ways to a lot of people. Her trip overlapped with a team that came from Texas, so she also helped out a ton with hosting them as well as ministering along side them.
Week 2:
A team From Southcrest Baptist Church of my very own Lubbock Texas came in. This week was full and blessed. We had daily prayer walking. Daily workshops that taught different skills and crafts like jewelry making that uses available recycled materials like coke tabs... awesome.
also the paper brick workshop went so sweetly where by the end of it, it was Roma helping Roma and all us Americans were just standing and watching. YYYYESSSS!
Week 3: International World Changers came and did a playground ministry in another Roma area that I don't usually work in. It was sweet to meet a whole new set of children. There are a few that really grabbed my heart. this on in particular. his name is ero. He is 5 years old and one of eight children in his family.
they poured out daily into a large and unruly group of Roma kids. I have never seen so many hugs and kisses given in such a short time. They shared a lot of love and also taught some moral behavior lessons. I got really good and fast at saying, 'if you hit then we won't be able to play anymore' and 'don't take things without asking, you have to ask first'
On a selfish note - I gained a ton out of each week. God was showing me things that I thought I had learned, new things and gross things about my own self and sin. He gave me all the strength that was needed to last all day everyday for all 3.5 weeks of non-stop going and blowing. He kept me from getting too sick. He protected us as i ushered groups and groups of foreigners around on public transportation... He did so much. and so much beyond what I am aware of.
so anyways.
life is about to get back into a different swing... I have a feeling the spiritual warfare I debriefed this last team about (the kind that intensifies when you have experienced God in a new and BIG way) is going to be happening in my life too.
26 July 2009
photographia
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 thoughts:
umm... i miss you. i feel like it's been forever. geez... why we gotta be so busy? and i just ate a ridiculously huge bowl of coconut, nutmeg, cinnamon cream oatmeal. can i just tell you how amazing fiber is. man those weeks at camp ain't no joke!!!
emily!!! i didnt know you had a blog...or SO many blogs...seems like this one was updated most recently, so i think i will add this one to my blog list thingy!! you're in romania?!
no, i don't have skype...maybe oneday i'll get it, but right now i dont have a camera and i dont think i have a microphone on my laptop...lame huh?
:) good to hear/read about you! love you! AK
Post a Comment