10 December 2012

It has officially been a year since I last posted.
A lot can happen in a year. A LOT.
Last January I got the chance to see my sweet friends from Blacksburg on there trip home to eastern New Mexico. When they asked me to come over to see them, they didn't mention that it was a family affair. But I am so glad it was.
I met my husband.
And now my dear friends are my in-laws!
Jeff and my relationship is really unique and developed in way that could have only been by the hand of God.
From when we visited in January he started calling me and then coming to Lubbock to visit me.
(side-note. we actually met a year prior in Blacksburg when he came to visit his sister. But I didn't give it much thought. His sister's husband was so hyped up on setting us up it was unbearably awkward.. hah)
We both realized that we were meant to be together for the long haul pretty quick (uh-hem, he did a little sooner than I did..)
By July 6 he asked me to marry him and I said yes without a moment's hesitation.
October 27 we got married in Lubbock and I moved to join him in Midland.
He works on the oil field and I substitute teach.
Our life is great.
We've got a great house and adorable dogs. He drives me around in a vintage Toyota Land Cruiser. I make food with great intentions and he is always nice about the outcome. (sometimes it actually is good - other times... meh.)
We watch a lot of movies and go to Lowes on a regular basis...
My husband is a fix-it guy and I am a nester. Our home is coming along as a comfortable space to be.
This is a great life.
And hopefully I can do a better job of sharing the sweetness.
so...
more to come.



Our Wedding: http://gingerivey.com/?p=2419



1 thoughts:

Megan Gordon (Henry) said...

yea!! glad to know you are doing well! love you, and miss you!